Monday, March 07, 2005

Sisters

Today is my sister Kareen's birthday. She is older than I by two years, but when we were younger, people used to think we were twins. Kareen is the mother of my niece Jazmin, my nephew Maximillian, and married to Peter.

From a sibling perspective, Kareen knows me best. She and I shared a room growing up, even a secret language! We were in hospital at the same times, we had the chicken pox together, and we commuted to elementary and high school. Together.

When I was studying in France, she was so maternal, looking out for me all the time, calling and checking up, and letting little Jazmin (about 2 years old at the time) forever babble on the phone to Tata Nina at an enormous expense from Ma Bell.

Through the trying times with family, friends, work, she has stood by. And every single time I visit her, she spoils me. I sometimes joke that's probably why I'm so rotten!

Frankly I don't know how she does it. Wife, mother of two, Elementary School Chair. She keeps her home (and kids!) immaculately clean, and is a gourmet chef/decorator extraordinaire.

Although our sense of humour is quite different, whenever we're together, she and I share a "unique" humour, often laughing out loud for no apparent reason.

She's so cool, that girl. Navel ring, chic hair cuts/colours, absolutely gorgeous from head to toe.

I'm so thankful for my big sis and celebrate her not only today, but always.

Love you, K!
Tim and Nina
Daisypath Ticker