Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Relax

Wherever does the time go? Tim and I were home for the holidays with the intention of making and mailing our engagement announcements. But we were both home, sick. Alas, the residual after effects of some terribly mutant flu are slowly fading, fingers crossed.

Every now and then we have to stop and breathe, even for a moment. Sit in a quiet spot. Think. Rest. Tim reminds me of this all the time, and it really is important.

The pace of life in Toronto has become so fast and furious--it’s often hard to step back and take a look at the big picture. So easy to get caught up in the whirlwind and worry about things that don’t really matter. Which brings to mind 2 very clear images.

1.
My “relax” vase, a gift from my old Trini friend, Nigel. Lovely glass etching of that one resounding word staring up at me each and every day.

2.
My photo of the “relax” pelican or stork on Pelee Island--some kind of long legged bird, in wood--perhaps plastic--sitting patiently on somebody's lawn, doing something in general but nothing in particular.
Tim and Nina
Daisypath Ticker