Wednesday, November 24, 2004

We're getting married!

So there we were, making the usual drive to beautiful St. Jacob's to take in some of the fresh air and colourful sights. Went to the outlet mall to see if there were any good deals, leisurely strolled through the market and then down the picturesque streets. One of the most charming of Ontario places to be.

As we walked back to the car, Tim suggested we retrace the steps of our first date, and find the spot of our very first moment. Distracted by the distant sound of beating drums (unusual for Mennonite territory), with the fresh scent of horse in the air, I heard him mention something about how it's the company that makes any environment special, and for some strange reason he had to take off his glasses to kiss me. And as I stood, gazing to my left for but a brief moment, I caught sight of Tim's motion, as he got down on bended knee.

I thought to myself, is this it? This is it! The rest was a blur. All my senses gave way, I couldn't hear, speak, fully comprehend. As now he tells me, my distorted face and wide range of emotion in the moments to follow showed exactly that.

October 2, 2004.

WOW.


Posted by Hello Engagement photo - Anne de Haas
Tim and Nina
Daisypath Ticker