Friday, December 03, 2004

Who, where, when, what, why?

Tim and I worked arms length from each other, and weren’t particularly drawn together from the moment we met. In fact, we were trying to hook each other up with friends, until we ourselves discovered similar values, true charm and great humour--of the two of us, humour being my obvious forté.

Off to NY Tim was one weekend, and ’twas then that he asked me on the official first date. Coca (aka Jen) was to join us on that fated trip to St. Jacob’s, but conveniently declined at the last possible moment. We’ve been together ever since.

My frequent use of the word FANTASTIC in phone conversations used to irk Tim tremendously, and so on every occasion possible, I’d throw it in just for kicks. Our mutual colleagues at that time might remember the Canada Post piggy bank that sat on my counter collecting a quarter every time Tim per chance said the infamous “F” word. Fantastic. Fantastic. Fantastic.

By the time I left that job, not only did Tim use the descriptive more often than I, but I had amassed a whopping $13.75--just enough to treat myself and the fair Jen (Coleman, at the time) to a nice glass of red wine. She was one of the few who knew of our office romance. What fun to eventually reveal our big secret to the others--to witness firsthand the many and varied faces of surprise.


Posted by Hello Who can spot red peppers in this picture?
Tim and Nina
Daisypath Ticker