Monday, February 14, 2005

Every Day

Tim and I are firm believers that people shouldn’t be celebrated merely on their birthdays, rather every day. Similarly, declaring one’s love shouldn’t be reserved for only one day of the year. Little reminders every now and then are so much more meaningful. I had this discussion with friends just the other day. We were talking about how in the hustle and bustle of everyday life, so much gets lost. The real meaning of relationships, friendships, love.

Having many family and friends overseas, I’m convinced it’s not the quantity of time we spend together, rather the quality. It’s so refreshing to know you can just pick up where you leave off with some people, even with a few years or oceans between you. So comforting to have one or two friends to turn to, anytime at all, for always. Amazing the inspiration it lends.

True understanding, respect and appreciation are rare these days. I’ve been blessed to be on the receiving end with the wonderful people surrounding me, and each day I aspire to give back what I get. In my experience, those closest to me seemingly have a sixth sense when I need them the most. A phone call, a handwritten note, an Email, a visit, for no reason at all, has often meant the world to me, and made a real and positive difference in my life.

Savouring a home cooked meal with a friend, reminiscing with family, heeding the advice of a mentor, taking a walk with a loved one. It’s these things, these people, these values that remind me of life's simple pleasures.

Take the time, make the effort. I'm convinced it’s a lifelong return on investment.
Tim and Nina
Daisypath Ticker