Wednesday, March 30, 2005

6 months, 2 weeks and 1 day

Hard to imagine only 6 months, 2 weeks and 1 day remain until our big day. I downloaded a countdown mechanism to the bottom of our blog to keep track. The last few months have certainly presented us with Life’s challenges, and each day we’re doing our utmost to support one another and put our best foot forward, one after the other. A shoulder to lean on, an ear to listen, a hand to hold. A life partner. As trying as things may be, I believe it’s part of a bigger plan. However difficult, I think we’re well preparing for our future together.

Many changes and life decisions have presented themselves as we approach our wedding day. We’re still learning how to better communicate, how to better cope, how to better plan for the future. I think what’s fundamental to any lasting and meaningful relationship is mutual understanding, respect, commitment, love and support. The combined package isn’t something that can happen overnight. In fact, I think it will continue to challenge us in the life ahead and only make us stronger. The world sometimes crumbles and personal endurance might seem to waver but for a moment. The mere tension can result in conflict with the ones you love the most. It shouldn’t, but sometimes it does. As tough, unfair, or sometimes baffling as things can get, we’re working hard at becoming more aware of each other as a means of support.

Amid our discussions and our disputes, the one thing I’m sure of at the end of the day is my life partner. He always reassures me and is honest. It can be difficult to say and hear certain things, and to really listen on both sides, but we’re in it together. No matter what happens, I know we will make things work. Slowly, carefully, purposefully, we will get to where we’re going.

Ironically, it’s these very travails that serve to restore my faith in us. And I have Tim to thank for this.
Tim and Nina
Daisypath Ticker